Tuesday, May 26, 2015

BostonCon 2014: Game Of Thrones Iron Throne Armor




Concept: The Iron Throne from the Game of Thrones (based on the HBO television show)




Inspiration: As a huge fan of the show Game of Thrones on HBO (I've only read a few of the books, admittedly, though I like them so far as well!), I really wanted to do something for BostonCon to celebrate it. I also wanted to think out of the box, knowing that putting together a super legit replica costume of basically anybody would be immensely difficult and expensive.

I was musing on this while listening to the soundtrack from Season One, when I glanced down at the screen and noticed that one of the characters I kept going back to as a potential, Ned Stark, wasn't alone in the picture or iconography of the show.

There was also a chair.

I decided I was brilliant and also, a genius, for how hard could it be to replicate a bunch of swords stuck together in a chair shape?

Turns out difficult, not so much. Time and soul consuming..... whoa. I was not ready.

Thanks: To my mom, and Nadia and Eric, for helping me in the homestretch! I would not have been finished on time to make the 'Con!

Unfortunately I don't have any production photos from this armor. Mostly it was just a TON of swords and strips of cardboard everywhere, lmao.

But here are some pics from Boston 'Con, 2014. It was an awesome time!

  Dunno how this crew got their hands on the Iron Throne but it is NOT healthy!



 I was kind of hoping the Doctor would come out, think I was his lawn chair, and bring me back inside before flying off again. Stowaway plan failed though.

  This was THE MOST dedicated Castiel cosplay I've ever seen. He never broke that face
or his silence, once. Just walked around starin' at things.

  GoT Meetup outside!



 .... If only.

No comments:

Post a Comment