Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Original Daleks




Concept: Personal Nerf Warfare Tanks, designed as crossover Doctor Who Daleks and Other Characters (First two, Hawkeye and Deadpool)

Inspiration: Originally when my roommates ambushed my other roommate and I with Nerf guns, I was just going to build simplistic Nerf tanks to show those peeps what was what. Of course, Avengers having recently been released and my obsession with Hawkeye solidified, I decided quickly that the tanks should be character themed. I would take Hawkeye, and my roommate would have his obsession realized in Deadpool, both characters from the Marvel universe of comics and movies.

While starting to build I was home frequently during midday, so my design time was often done whilst watching Doctor Who marathons on the BBC, so naturally the ideas blended together with what seemed to be the perfect personal tank-like creature around, the eternally creepy Daleks.

As shown in the picture I made two Tardis shields as well for the roommates we were surprising with our tank ambush. I'm not heartless, after all.



The Hawkeye Tank has two mounted turret guns in it, a Nerf Centurion and a Nerf Retaliator. It comes stocked with two buckets of bullets.

The Deadpool's arsenal comes with a firing hatch helmet, the interior body equipped with four repeat fire Nerf pistols and buckets of bullets. For close quarter combat it also comes with two Nerf swords on the back.

Production Photos:










No comments:

Post a Comment